Customer privacy is very important to us, and we’d like to outline in this document how any personal data collected from you via www.towelclub.com, will be protected, stored and used by us to communicate with you.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect, use and store your basic personal details to process and send your orders to the correct person and location. We also collect it to keep you in the know about our latest products, special offers and sales. The more personal information we have about you, the more tailored we can make your email newsletters, best suited to your interests and style.
IS IT SECURE?
Yes, it is very safe to leave your personal details with us. We use market-leading technology and software to ensure your personal data is secure. If we work with any third-party services, we always ensure they have the correct, industry standard security measures to access our database.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
You can rest assured that once you provide us with your personal details, they will be kept secure. We do not sell any of your personal data to any third-party – including your name, phone number, address, email address and credit card/payment information.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that we use to get your orders to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers who help us to run our business, such as advertising partners, marketing technology platforms and website hosts
As the 1st party data processor, we will process your personal data in the following ways:
If you browse our website:
- IP address
- On-site behavior for marketing purposes
If you sign up to our newsletter:
- Email address
- Your newsletter preferences
- What products you have clicked on and/or put in your shopping cart
If you have a Towel Club account:
- Email address
- Name (optional)
- Gender (optional)
- Address (optional)
- Phone number (optional)
- Wishlist (optional)
- Gift cards (optional)
- Order history (optional)
If you place or have previously placed an order with us:
- Email address
- Full name
- Phone number
- Delivery and/or billing address
- Credit card information (we securely pass on your data to our payment partners, we do not store your credit card info)
If you order products or a gift card on behalf of a third party, you are held responsible for gaining their consent to submitting their personal data.
HOW LONG DO WE SAVE YOUR DATA?
We will keep your data for direct marketing for a total of five years. For email marketing, we will consider you an inactive customer if you haven't opened an email within the last three years. After these time periods your personal data will be deleted.
We reserve the right to save your data for legal and tax purposes for a total of five years. You may opt out of our direct marketing during this period.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
All that we ask of you is to keep your account password and other access information secret, ensure no one else makes a purchase while you’re signed into your Towel Club account, and always sign out when you end your online session.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY ACCOUNT SETTINGS?
If you wish to change your delivery address, email address or account password, you can log into your account here: https://www.towelclub.com/account. Here you can also view your order history, wish list, gift cards and linked social accounts.
You are responsible for providing us with accurate personal information and updating it when necessary.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that is saved to, and, during subsequent visits, retrieved from your computer or mobile device. If you use our online services, we will assume that you agree to the use of such cookie.
We use the following cookies when you visit our site:
- Site functionality cookies – allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Add to Wishlist”.
- Site analytics cookies – allow us to measure and analyze how our customers use our website, to improve both its functionality and the customer experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you’re browsing or shopping on our site, these cookies will remember your preferences (e.g. your location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and quicker for you to order your purchases.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – used to deliver adverts relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to Towel Club placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, visit the “Help” section in your browser to delete any you wish to. Please note, deleting or disabling future cookies may affect your user experience; you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions on our site, and your shopping experience may be less seamless.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY MAIL SETTINGS?
We have a one click unsubscribe policy, and each communication gives you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future Towel Club newsletters via a link at the bottom of the email.
Please note there are some communications that are an integral part of our company service and cannot be opted-out of. These communications include changes to your order, including information about a potential refund or exchange.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our registered office and principal trading address is: Towel Club, c/o Onepiece Jump In AS, Eilert Sundts Gate 41, 0355 Oslo, Norway. Our company registration number in Norway is 995135469.